President: John Brownson
Vice President: Raquel Ross
Treasurer: Tom Tkach
Secretary: Beth Keim
The mission of the Centre County Down Syndrome Society is to provide information, support, and advocacy for individuals with Down syndrome and their families in the Centre County area. We also seek to provide information and education to local healthcare professionals, educators, businesspeople, and the community at large so as to increase understanding and awareness that will enhance the lives of individuals with Down syndrome.
- We respect the rights, abilities and potential of people with Down syndrome, and expect others to do the same.
- We believe that people with Down syndrome should have the opportunity to make choices affecting their lives.
- We respect and support the role of families and the community in meeting the needs of people with Down syndrome.
- We value excellence in the quality of education, healthcare, and employment opportunities provided to people with Down syndrome.
- We value the opinions, beliefs, backgrounds, experiences, and contributions of our board, member families, and supporters in their roles advocating for the rights and abilities of people with Down syndrome.
- We value discourse between our members and members of the community that is respectful, productive, and provides an opportunity for growth in understanding and acceptance.